Monday, October 22, 2007

Buyer's Remorse

I am so annoyed! I pride myself in being a good shopper. I love to shop and I can find good deals. For instance I went to the Gap Outlet and bought 5 items. My total was less then the price of the most expensive item I bought( Carter's jeans $14.99, total purchase including 4 more shirts was $14.79). However, on Friday I took all 4 kids to Portrait Innovations to get their pictures taken. NO small task w/ 4 kids and clothing changes. The babies have not had their pictures taken since they were 13 weeks old. They are now 8 months old! Anyhow, the last time I went, I went to the Plainfield store. I wasn't too impressed w/ the guy who took the babies pictures. He did however manage to snap a few good shots. This time I went to the Carmel store to try and avoid a repeat performance from last time. EVEN WORSE! This chic was terrible. Out of more than 130 shots there were only 4 good ones. SERIOUSLY! Come on, that is rediculous. Dawson would not smile for anything! But the photographer certainly did not help the situation. I typically love this place and have recommended it to atleast 5 of my friends( who have all had good luck). In fact I believe I have earned a complimentary package for all of my referrals. Anyhow, when it came time to select the pictures three of the boys had really good individual shots. But what was I to do. Only buy three kid's pictures. What kind of mom would do that? I originally went in for the kid's Holiday pictures. None of the pictures in their "holiday" clothes turned out. So annoying! So I was forced into buying 4 packages (including Dawson's terrible picture) and spending way too much money. Why did I feel so pressured into buying any pictures, when all I really wanted was a cute Holiday picture? To top it all off after this stressful experience we were off to the Doctor's office for our flu shots!

No comments: